Quaid-e-Azam addressing a group of students:
1. My young friends, I look forward to you as the real makers of Pakistan, do not be exploited and do not be misled. Create amongst yourselves complete unity and solidarity. Set an example of what youth can do. Your main occupation should be in fairness to yourself, to your parents, in fairness to the State, to devote your attention to your studies. If you fritter away your energies now, you will always regret.
2. Develop a sound sence of dicipline,Character,Initiative and a solid Academic Background.You must devote yourself whole-heartedly to your studies, for that is your first obligation to yourselves, your parents and to the State.You must learn to obey for only then you can learn to command. (Islamic College, Peshawar – 12th April, 1948)
3. Pakistan is proud of her youth, particularly the students, who are nation builders of tomorrow. They must fully equip themselves by discipline, education, and training for the arduous task lying ahead of them.
4. When you have got that light of knowledge by means of education and when you have made yourselves strong economically and industrially, then you have got to prepared yourselves for your defence — defence against external aggression and to maintain internal security. (Presidential address at the conference of the Punjab Muslim Students Federation, March 2, 1941)
5. Get out of tranquility and step in the practical life. Dedicate your faculties to seek improvement in every field to make the condition of people. It is only then we can be strong enough to counter threats to our nation and defeat our enemies. (Message to Bohar Students of Karachi, 13 Jan 1941).
6. I insist you to strive. Work, Work and only work for satisfaction with patience, humbleness and serve thy nation. (All India Muslim Students Conference Jalandhur, 15 Nov 1942)
7. Development is being sought in every walk of life and you have to take on this process of development. Are you preparing to take on tomorrow’s responsibilities? Are y7ou building your capacity? Are you trained enough? If no, then go and prepare yourself because this is the time to prepare yourself for future responsibilities. (Guidance for students through Ministry of Education)
8. You must concentrate on gaining knowledge and education. It is your foremost responsibility. Political awareness of the era is also part of your education. You must be aware of international events and environment. Education is a matter of life and death for our country.
9. You have asked me to give you a message. What message can I give you? We have got the great message in the Quran for our guidance and enlightenment. (Message to NWFP Muslim Students Federation, April 1943)
10. Without education it is complete darkness and with education it is light. Education is a matter of life and death to our nation. The world is moving so fast that if you do not educate yourselves you will be not only completely left behind, but will be finished up. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) had enjoined his followers to go even to China in the pursuit of knowledge. If that was the commandment in those days when communications were difficult, then, truly, Muslims as the true followers of the glorious heritage of Islam, should surely utilize all available opportunities. No sacrifice of time or personal comfort should be regarded too great for the advancement of the cause of education.